As friends and family come to town to stay with you, having a few simple things prepared in advance can help make their stay relaxed and less harried for you.
- If you have the luxury of a guest room or cottage prepare it in advance by giving it a good cleaning.
- Provide blankets and clean linens for your guest.
- If you have a guest room, check the light bulbs to make sure they work.
- Provide some hangers or hooks for their clothes.
- Provide soap, shampoo, conditioner & toothpaste. If you have a guest bathroom, towels and bathroom essentials can be set out for your guest in the bathroom. If you don’t have a separate guest bathroom you can prepare a basket with the necessary items and give your guest a spot to hang their towels.
- If you don’t have a room for your guest make some space where they can keep their belongings and provide them with clean linens, blankets and a basket of bathroom essentials.
- Provide a night-light so your guest can find their way in the dark.
- Provide some reading material and or a television or radio.
- Bottled water and some fresh flowers add a nice touch.
- Provide information on the area: tourist guide, local paper, etc.
- Show your guest your home and where the kitchen essentials are.
The more your guests have a spot of their own, the more they will feel at home and the less likely they will feel like they are in the way.